2019 Spring Bookmark Exchange
The 2019 spring exchange is being hosted by Simcoe County Embroidery Guild. Stitch up a bookmark or two to exchange with another EAC member.
Deadline: April 30, 2019 || Open to all EAC members
- No limit on the number of bookmarks
- Label each bookmark with your name, chapter, and if you wish, your email address.
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with your entries, one for each bookmark you submit, or one large envelope with enough postage if you want your new bookmarks all mailed together.
- Does not have to be an original design
- Mail bookmarks to:
Donna van Nispen
41 Frid Blvd
Midhurst ON L9X 0M5
The bookmark example was an entry in the Viewer's Choice category at Seminar 2018. This Jeanette Crews design was stitched by Rochelle Handelman, Ottawa Valley Guild of Stitchery.
EAC Board Challenge
Whether you send a card to cheer up someone, wish them a happy birthday, offer congratulations, or to say thanks, it’s always appreciated.
To enter this year's challenge, design and stitch a piece of needlework that can be used for a card front. The subject of your design is limited only by your imagination.
- size: 3.75" by 5" or 5" by 8"
- limit dimensional objects to 1/2" in depth
- any technique on any ground fabric
- designer/stitcher's name attached to the back
- $5 entry fee per piece
- entry forms due: May 3, 2019
- identifying marks on the front of the entry will be covered for judging purposes
Use the Members' Exhibition Entry Form (check the "EAC Board Challenge" category box) and follow the submission guidelines for entries in the Members' Exhibition. The deadline for entry forms is May 3, 2019.
When you’re packing up your entry, make sure to include your $5 entry fee and a note to indicate how you’d like your name to appear on the back of the card. Add your chapter name if you’d like it included.
If you are delivering your entry in person, please be prepared with the $5 entry fee; change will not be available.
Your entry will be displayed at the Members’ Exhibition at Seminar 2019: Beyond the Edge in Victoria.
All entries will be photographed and made into downloadable files for chapters and members to print themselves. The card files will have the EAC logo and name and the designer-stitcher's name on the back. The cards will be blank inside for your personal message to be added.